The Institute specializes in applied research in the field of energy economics and particular industries branches, as well as financial markets and state economic policy.
The scientific competencies of the Institute are most developed in the field of:
- analysis and predictive modeling of the global, regional and Russian hydrocarbon markets (demand, supply, pricing, institutional development and competitive environment);
- analysis of energy policy and legislation of the European Union and foreign countries (including China, India, Japan, USA, etc.);
- corporate analysis of energy and mining companies;
- analysis of financial markets;
- monetary model of the Russian economy;
- monetary and budgetary policy of Russia;
- Eurasian economic and energy integration;
- methodological aspects of economic modeling.